YOUR TASK: To create a song parody about an anime series of your choice.
1. Choose a popular hit song to use. By popular, I mean a song that the general audience is familiar of. It can be classic hits from the '60s to the '90s, or the more recent hits of this decade. That means you can go use "Close to You" by the Carpenters, or "Umbrella" by Rihanna. (Please indicate what song you used.)
2. Choose an anime series that will be the center of your song parody.
3. Compose your song parody. Only one song parody per challenger.
4. Post the song parody and submit it. Remember to categorize your work in its appropriate category.
1. Does the song parody have to be funny?
- No. This site defines parody as "a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way". So, you can go have a sad tone in your song.
2. Can I use profanities?
- Mild ones only. I want to let everyone be able to sing along without having to cuss so much.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
1. Grammar and spelling
2. Following instructions
4. Smooth flow of the tune with regards to the lyrics
You can refer to the following fan words:
Death Note Does The Beatles
I'm a Manga Girl (Not focused on an anime series, but still a good example of a song parody)
Anime Christmas Carols (Utilized Christmas carols instead of popular song hits)