Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel is supposed to be the oldest hotel in the country. Since at least the Middle Ages a hall has been by the famous Buxton springs. The oldest part was built in 1573 by Bess of Hardwick and her third husband, George Talbot, 6th Earl of Shrewsbury.
Mary Queen of Scots actually stayed there while she was imprisoned and she was said to love Buxton. She even left a message on one of the windows which can still be seen to this day!
"Buxton, whose warm waters have made thy name famous, perchance I shall visit thee no more – Farewell."
The place as a venue sounds really good. This was my second choice back before I'd viewed Butterley Grange Mansion. Prices are actually very good and they offer a package for £3050.00 so long as you book Monday - Thursday.
The package includes:
- A Drinks Reception for 40 guests
- 3 Course Wedding Breakfast for 40 guests
- A toast drink for 40 guests
- A glass of Wine with Wedding Breakfast for 40 guests
- Unlimited Still and Sparkling House Water on tables with Wedding Breakfast
- Evening Buffet for 60 guests
- Brides Bouquet
- Wedding Cake
- Table Centre Flower arrangements
- Disco and DJ
- Room Hire for Banqueting Rooms
- A Four Poster Room for the Bride and Groom including a bottle of Champagne
- Personalised Table Plan, Place Cards and Menus
- White table linen and napkins
- Car Parking for Bride and Groom