- Created By The Mask
1. Welcome back to The Mask's cafe. And presenting, the return of the Top 10 post.
2. If you've my past posts, you're probably aware that I had my student teaching experience from February until the second week of March. Was the experience insightful? Yes. Was it a great one? Eh...not exactly.
3. I'd probably be ranting about that now, but then again I'm having my "graduation" this Friday for my one-year course in Professional Education.
4. My brother's also graduating this Friday for his undergraduate course in Business Administration.
5. By next week, I'm planning on applying for a job once again. My "vacation from work" has been going on for almost a year already, and it's time for me to get employed and earn money once again.
6. I plan to apply for a teaching position in English for non-native speakers (Korean, Japanese, etc.), particularly in a training center that's near my home. With my call center experience, I feel more confident that I can do this.
7. On other stuff, let me say for the record that I'm really disappointed at how the Ron Paul presidential campaign is going. I was hoping for a victory in at least one US state, but it isn't happening yet. Still hoping for the best, though.
8. In other Ron Paul stuff, let me say for the record that his Tonight Show guesting was really great. And that video with him "showing" his kung fu skills is amazing.
9. I'm planning to a podcast soon. Not a regular one, though; just a one-time thing. I wonder how you guys would react when you hear my voice.
10. That's it for today. Have a nice day!
And now an update in my life.
Years ago, I had this idea about me becoming GTM, or Great Teacher Mask. Now, it's starting to become a few steps closer to reality.
Last month, I enrolled myself for a one-year course in Professional Education. It's something I've been planning for a while, and I decided that it's time for me to take that course. And this time, I'm the one paying for my education.
With this course, I'll become qualified to take the national licensure exam for teachers. And once I pass that exam, I'll be a licensed teacher.
Here's the down side, though. Since I finished up a degree in psychology, I would have to specialize in values education for this course. Yeah, that's right --- values education.
It ain't exactly my cup of tea, since I'm not an extremely religious individual and I'm more inclined to teach social studies instead. But hey, I might find a way to adjust to it.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm still unemployed. It's good for my studies, but bad for my wallet. Hopefully, I can at least get a part-time job.
And that's it for now. Have a nice day.
EDIT: Smoking Onizuka sitting naked in a bath tub and values education. The fact that I put them together in a single post cracks me up.