Hello everyone. I just wanted to give a little update on my life in time for Christmas.
In my personal life, I'm enjoying my work so far as an English teacher to Korean youth. The job can be tiring and frustrating at times, but I'm pretty contented with it. I think it's the best for me to actually work on my teaching skills. Besides, I'm actually getting paid already after being jobless for many months, and I got a bonus for being the best teacher of the month. It's pretty cool.
As for my art, I'm continuously working on my next batch of pro-wrestling drawings for Manga Pro-Wrestling: Eren vs. Jean 3. Like I said before, I intend to release this by next month, preferably during the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom season. This happens to be the New Year holiday season as well, so that would mean that I'm planning to release this by next week. Thankfully, I have just enough holidays to finish everything.
Because I got very busy with real-life work in the past few weeks, I couldn't do my original plan of releasing weekly previews of the series for this month. Plus, my home had no Internet connection last week, so that complicated things for me. However, I do hope to release the previews in the next few days, so please watch out for it.
That should be it for now. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Take care!
Hey there. Hopefully, you've all enjoyed the holidays.
- I didn't receive any gifts this year. Many Christmas parties got cancelled anyway due to the tragedies in the past months, so it's understandable.
- I wanted to buy myself a drawing tablet, especially with the price being quite reasonable for my salary. Unfortunately, I don't feel confident enough that my current drawing skills actually warrant a drawing tablet. Better stick to paper and pencil for now.
- I'm a bit disappointed that there's a manga titled "I am a Hero". For the past few months, I've been toying around with the idea of making a manga series with that title, and then this piece of info comes along. I mean, it's not like it won a major manga award in Japan -- oh wait, it did.
Sigh. At least it's just the title that got taken and not the story I had in mind.
- I have two planned manga series. One involves a slice of Philippine history and the other will heavily involve pro-wrestling. I've had a lot of ideas already with how the story will flow; it all boils down to the art itself. Hopefully, it actually gets materialized within the next 5 years.
- Once upon a time, I had an idea of playing a pro-wrestling character who would be villainous and who would constantly look down on the audience as worthless parasites. A few years later, I learned that Chris Jericho played that exact role I had planned to play. Moral lesson: Fulfill your creative ideas now, or else someone with the same idea might use it first.
That's all for now. Happy holidays everyone.
This is what I want for Christmas:
- a waterproof beige/dark blue bucket hat with a zipper (refer to previous post)
- an original VCD or DVD copy of the film Bayaning 3rd World
- a paperback copy of Ron Paul's book Liberty Defined
Now here's the problem with all these three items: they're really hard to buy.
The bucket hat would have been easy and cheap to buy since I now know where to find it. However, the store that was selling this bucket hat went up in flames yesterday. So now I'm back to finding that hat again.
For the VCD, I actually found a place to buy the item. The problem is that I would have to buy two other VCDs at the same time. And honestly, the other films being sold ain't my cup of tea.
Lastly, the Ron Paul book isn't available until next month. Sure, there's a hardbound copy available already, but I'm not a huge fan of hardbounds and it's a bit expensive for my budget.
So there. Guess I'll have to find something else. *sigh* But if someone buys it for me, that would be a blast.
That's all for now. Might post something else later. Have a merry Christmas everyone.
Well, it's finally Christmas Day. So how have all of you been?
My Christmas was okay. Attended the Christmas mass, had a little Christmas dinner, then had a little Christmas sleep. Basically, that was it. If you're curious as to what we ate, we had baked macaroni, fruit salad, and some roast pork (not sure if that's the term for it, though). I slept early than usual since my body was a bit tired.
As for gifts, the only one I received was the PHP 1,500 cash gift (approx. US$ 30) that my grandmother gave me. I don't plan on spending it, though. I'm gonna have my thesis once I become a senior student on June next year, and a few reliable sources have told me that funding for the thesis would cost at least PHP 10,000 (approx. US$ 200). As such, I need to start saving as early as now in order to minimize any problems I'll have with the thesis before I even encounter such problems. Yes, it's a group work, but I can't always keep on depending on my groupmates to finance the thesis work.
Anyway, I have a new fanword out right now in time for the Yuletide season. It's entitled, Anime Christmas Carols, and is basically Christmas jingles with an anime twist. This is actually a repost of what I made back in 2005, but with an added bonus. And...well, you can always click the link on top to read it.
And that ends my post for today. Happy Holidays!
ANIME CHRISTMAS CAROLS
(AUTHOR'S NOTE: This was originally posted on December 20, 2005 at theOtaku Articles. A new jingle has been added to adapt to the times. Hopefully, the Christmas spirit is still as lively as it wa...
Read the full post »