I've been tagged by the tagging bug that's floating around the site. Additionally, I should be working on a paper about censorship and human rights for my International Business class
...or I should be working on a paper about video games and the emotions they foster in players and how companies can take advantage of them for English
...or I should be working on my marketing project for Marketing
...or I should be working on my paragraph describing a robot I designed for Japanese
But instead of all those things, I'm going to be answering questions! :D
RULE 1: POST THE RULES. RULE 2: ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THE TAGGER SET FOR YOU IN THEIR POST, THEN MAKE 11 NEW ONES. RULE 3: TAG 11 PEOPLE AND LINK THEM TO YOUR POST. RULE 4: LET THEM KNOW YOU’VE TAGGED THEM.
1. Do you think Canadians say ABOOT instead of about?
Well, I had a friend from Canada, and while it wasn't as terribly painful as when people pretend to be Canadian, his about did sound kind of like "aboot".. Then again, there was a Canadian girl in my choir in high school and she didn't say "aboot" at all...although she always said "flaeg" instead of "flag".
2. What was the last book you read? Did you like it?
You know what's the worst part of this question? I have to actually think about the answer because it's been so long since I last read a book...curse you school!
Well anyways, the last book I read was, I believe, "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami. I very much enjoyed it and while I also enjoyed watching the movie, the book was better. Read it if you ever have the chance. :)
3. Do you read fanfiction?
I used to. However, I'm at the point where I'm so jaded when it comes to fanfiction that I don't really read it any more. I do, however, continue to write it, which is probably pretty weird...also, if you can find me, you're more than welcome to read my schtuff.
4. What is your OTP (One True Pairing)?
LenxLuka from Vocaloids.
I will most likely ship this until the day I die. It's pretty bad how much in love with this couple I am.
5. Favourite Disney movie?
Hmmm...this is a tough question...but for just Disney, I would have to say Sleeping Beauty. While the two main characters are ridiculously dull and I fully recognize that, the cast of side-characters is just so fun and colorful! Plus, it has one of the great Disney villains that I just love to pieces!
A close second would probably be The Princess and the Frog. I don't know why, but I really do love this movie, and I could watch it over and over again without getting sick of it. :)
6. Are you dressing up for Hallowe'en and if so, what are you going as?
Well, Halloween passed, but I didn't dress up as anything. Instead, my roommates and I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and Ringu while eating cupcakes from this little shop downtown. It was quite the delightful time.
7. Are you going to marathon all of the LOTR movies before The Hobbit comes out in theatres?
I sincerely WISH I had time for this...or a friend that was willing to engage in this activity with me. It would be such a grand time! XD
8. Tea or coffee?
Tea. Most definitely. There's this little tea shop right near my school called Adagio Teas and you can buy tons of different types of tea. My favorite is the really expensive green tea from Japan (of course I would like the really expensive one...) but there's also a really good Almond flavored tea that I positively love. <3
9. What is your best trait?
Uhm...I dunno? My ability to be dorky and happy in many a situation?
10. Would you ever (or have you ever) met someone from the internet IRL?
I would, but I never have. Perhaps I'll get the opportunity some day? :D
1. If you could paint an image for the soundtrack of a movie, the soundtrack of which movie would you pick?
Some Like it Hot because I love that movie and it would be so much fun to pick an image for a movie about two men cross-dressing and joining an all girls band in order to escape the Chicago mob. (By the way, if you haven't seen this movie, you really should)
I would also like Reefer Madness only because I know EXACTLY what the image would look like...and if I ever get good enough, I want to recreate the image in my head and post it on the site as fanart. :)
2. If there was a character from an anime that you had one chance to meet, who would it be and what would you say to him?
Probably Saiga from Speed Grapher. I would ask him to take my picture! :D
...Only if I met him after the technical end of the anime. If I met him in the middle of the anime, I would not want my picture taken. At all.
3. Supposedly your life was a book what would be the first sentence?
Casey is an odd bird.
4. Find a word in any foreign language of your choice (be creative) write it and explain what it means.
Okay, I picked 4...but they're all words I like. Also, it is so weird to write romanization...(and if you can't see the Japanese characters, that's what's in the empty space before the parenthesis.)
ANYWAYS, "hitobito" means people, "tokidoki" means sometimes, "manchmal" also means sometimes, and "hanabi" means firework (I like this one because it literally translates as fire flower; I think that's such a fun way to describe fireworks). I like all these words because they sound fun. :3 Also, I wasn't creative with my foreign languages...I just picked ones I know how to speak...
5. A witch , a note under the table and a cat! In less than seven lines write your side of the story!
Mananan! How did you get in King's Quest 2?!
6. If you were an item what would be your name and what purpose woud you serve?
Chipper-Bot: Knows how to be happy and chipper at all times and will help cheer you up when you're in a foul mood. Also good for listening to ranting and not judging you. :)
7. Imagine your feelings are a treat, which treat would they be?( You can mension from salads to deserts)
Everlasting Gobstoppers; just when you think you've figured it out, there's another layer underneath (Haha, I'm so deep and poetic. Really the only reason I picked that one was it was the first thing that came to mind.)
8. Let’s say your heart could have any type of shape!(weird but…) What shape would it be and what would it be made of?
Uhm...Anything super simple because in high school I had to take an anatomy class and memorize all the parts of the heart. It was a painful experience. So if I could make my heart super simplistic, then it would be SO much easier to name all the parts! :D
9. What would be your role if you played in a movie?
The nerdy, dorky one who probably serves as the side-kick to the main character.
10. In your opinion if love was a bird which bird would it be?
A dodo bird, because they're extinct...no, not really. I may be a cynical person, but I'm not THAT cynical.
I would say a owl. Kinda mysterious and quiet.
11. Quick! What is the difference between an ambigram and a palindrome?(In less than 4 lines!)
Uh...I know a palindrome is when a word or string of words is the same thing forward and backwards, like Hannah or "a man, a plan, a canal, panama". However, I've never heard of an ambigram. Hm...
Ryuchu's Questions Time!:
1. Do you like bacon? Why or why not?
2. When you're bored, what's your favorite thing to doodle?
3. What happens if you give a moose a muffin?
4. Do you play video games? If yes, what's your favorite type(s) to play?
5. What's your favorite holiday and why?
6. What are some of your favorite bands?
7. If you could only visit one foreign country, which would it be and why?
8. Of these activities, which do you engage in the most?: watching anime, playing video games, reading manga.
9. What's your favorite musical? What's your favorite song from that musical?
10. Do you have a stuffed animal that you simply can't live without? If yes, what kind of animal is it and why is it so important?
11. Of all the books you were required to read for school, which ones did you actually enjoy? (If you didn't enjoy any of them, which was the least awful?)
Uhm...I don't really have time to tag people because I really should be working on all the homework I mentioned in the beginning of this post. Sigh...
Well, hopefully I'll see all of you once winter break starts...except for I'll be gone for like the first two weeks of December, so I won't see you then.
Any who, I hope you have a splendid day!