- Did you know you eat about 35,000 cookies in a lifetime!!
- In 1987 Chester Soling sponsored a contest to find the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies and got over 2.600 responses for various recipes.
- Ruth Wakefield was originally a dietitian before becoming the owner of the Toll House Inn and the creator of the chocolate chip cookie.
- The Toll House Inn was the original birthplace of the chocolate chip cookie.
- On New Years Eve 1984 the Toll House Inn burned down.
- Chocolate chip cookies are the biggest selling cookie in the US today.
- Chocolate chip cookies were originally called Chocolate Crunch Cookies.
- Massachusetts’s official state cookie is the chocolate chip cookie, and in 2001 the common wealth of Pennsylvania declared it their official cookie as well.