I TOLD YOU I HAD A LOT OF TIME
I went ahead and sketched all the requests instead of working on them one at a time. I think it will make things easier since I'll have something to work off of. NOW FOR THE HARD PART. Lineart usually takes me the longest because my sketches are extremely messy so sometimes I have to stop and try to decipher what I was trying to do. Plus nine times out of ten, the inked version of a drawing looks way different from the sketch. idk what happens like what.
If you want to see a preview of yours, just ask me and I'll send you a screenshot of the sketch. :) I plan on making process gifs of all of the requests once I'm done.
Remember! I'm capping the requests at 15. That means I can take FIVE MORE requests. I'll update this post with my request list and the status of each request. Please comment on **THIS POST** if you want a request! I'm drawing mainly OCs and I'll pretty much draw anything that doesn't require a background/lots of activity (because even though I'm taking requests I'm still lazy lawl). BUT YEAH like cute, sexy, silly it's whatever.
thelostsindar - sketch done
animelover7310 - sketch done
WyvernWings - sketch done
NinjaBluez - waiting on link
moonlit dream - sketch done
Keba Si Rota - sketch done
allycat2090 - sketch done
MashMadness - sketch done
MewChero - sketch done
Artgrrl - sketch done
Love you guys<3
LAWL i got a lot more requests than an anticipated BUT THAT'S OKAY.
No seriously like this is great, in fact, KEEP THEM COMING. I'll cap the requests at 15. Just make sure you comment on ***THIS POST*** (as in not this one!! I like having everything in one place) with your request. It's first come first serve, so I'll try to get them done in order of who commented first. If you haven't linked to your OC yet, I went ahead and reserved you a spot, though I won't start working on it until I get a link.
Just so you know though, these requests may take a while. I'm thinking that I'm going to go ahead and just do it all digital to make sure I brush up on my digital skills. Weekends are prime time days for drawing, so most of my work will be done then.
Thank you to everyone who have requested so far!! I've always enjoyed drawing other people's OCs :>
Keba Si Rota
LOVE YOU ALLLLLL<3
So like, I'm starting to realize I have more time on my hands than I usually do when the school year rolls around.
SO THIS IS WHAT I'M GONNA DO: LINK ME TO AN OC OF YOURS THAT YOU WANT ME TO DRAW AND I'LL DO IT.
To give you some ideas:
- I'll do pairing pics (as in a max of 2 people in a drawing. I'll do OCxOC or Character x OC or WHATEVER EVEN SOMETHING SEXY IDC)
- I'd prefer to only do OCs and fan characters. If you want them with another character though I'll draw them together.
- I'LL EVEN DRAW MORE FANART OF MY OCs IF YOU WANT like I haven't drawn enough Nodin even though he's my fav next to Rei
- One more thing NO BACKGROUNDS b/c even though I wanna draw for people I'm still kinda lazy so sry
I'll only draw you something if you comment here with a reference to your character (actual drawings are preferred over written descriptions) and depending on how many I get they'll either just be sketches or I'll go all out and do digital idk. If I do make them all digital, it'll just take slightly longer to get them all done.
This is a spur of the moment thing and as you can tell my grammar online has become HORRENDOUS WHAT'S HAPPENED TO ME
Only one request per person PLZ AND THX
love you all<3
I thought this was cute and it's been a while since I've done something like this so MIGHT AS WELL BLAH
Would You Rather
Pierce your nose or your tongue? Uhmm none?? Is that an option? XD Like seriously metal things in my body freak me out my ears aren't even pierced.
Drink whole or skimmed milk? I drink skimmed b/c that's what we usually have but I'll basically drink anything.
Die in a fire or drowning? Drowning maybe? It'll suck either way, but I think with drowning my body would be easier to identify.
Spend time with your parents or enemies? Parentsss
Simple or complicated? Simple living usually but super complicated and confusing in the head.
Straight, gay, bisexual, other? Straight!
Tall or short? Short, but like, average short. I just look super short since ALL MY IRL FRIENDS ARE OVER 5'8" OR SOME SHIT UGH
Right handed or left handed? I'm a righty.
A lover of music or a lover of books? Mostly music because I usually don't read for fun or pick up a book to check it out. I thoroughly enjoyed about 80% of the books I read in school though.
Do You Prefer
Flowers or sweets? Sweets!! Though flowers are great to look at.
Grey or black? Black please.
Color photos or black-and-white photos? Uhmm depends on the content of the photo! Black and white can look super swaggy if it works with the photo.
Sunrise or sunset? Sunset! I'm usually not awake for sunrise.
M&Ms or Skittles? IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE HAD BOTH but uhmmm Skittles.
Staying up late or waking up early? Staying up late. IT'S A BAD HABIT but I usually don't stay up past 12:30 usually. Even on weird days I'm usually asleep by 2. It just sucks that it takes me so long to fall asleep.
Sun or moon? Moon!
Winter or Autumn? HARD QUESTION I'm going with Autumn because of pumpkin pie.
10 acquaintances or 2 best friends? 2 best friends def.
Rainy or sunny? Rainy as long as it's not hurricane/tornado/basically anything scary kind of rain.
Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream? I like both but I usually go with Vanilla (SORRY LAMBY LOL)
Vodka or Jack? CAN'T DRINK YET AND DON'T THINK I WILL SO SRY
What time is it? 7:36 pm
Name? Jasmineee but I'm thinking about going by Kay when I move to Uni.
Nicknames? Jazzy J and the Funky Bunch and the rest are kinda bad nicknames because MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ARE MEAN
When is your birthday? February 27th!
What do you want? Everyone to find happiness and feel like every day is like hugging a bunny
How many kids do you want? Either 2 or 4. I want to avoid odd numbers because middle child syndrome is not fun :<
What would you name a girl? IDK I'm bad with girl names. Maybe Charlotte
My boyfriend would name his daughter Jaina though because he's a WoW fanatic
What would you name a boy? Phineas so I can call him Finn and Daniel so I can call him Dan (I'm all about nicknames yooo)
You want to get married? Yes :>
What kind of music do you like? Pretty much anything. Pop music is my guilty pleasure, and I've recently learned the greatness that is Jesse McCartney's Technicolor album.
Nervous habits? Literally pulling out my hair. I'm serious. The only reason I started parting my hair to the side is because in middle school I would pull hair from my middle part and I ended up creating a bald spot;;;;;;;
Are you double-jointed? Yup I have those weird elbows that over extend or something so when I hold out my arms straight, they aren't straight
Can you roll your tongue? Nope!
Can you raise one eyebrow? YES BUT ONLY ON ONE SIDE WHY CAN'T I DO THE OTHER
Which shoe goes on first? Right! I'm too lazy/don't like touching my shoes so I usually just jam my feet in them until they go in.
Ever thrown something at someone? Probably some time in my life.
On average, how much money do you carry with you? $0-$15
What jewelry do you wear? None! I'm not really a jewelry person.
Do you twirl or cut spaghetti? I PUT IT ALL IN MY MOUTH like seriously not joking.
Have you ever eaten Spam? Yes!! My parents cook it all the time for breakfast. If you cook it right it tastes awesome.
Favorite ice cream? DRUMSTICKS
How many kinds of cereal are in your cupboard? No more than two usually. We get those big bags of knock off cereals.
Car ride? Today coming home from school
Song played? Purpose from Avenue Q
Person you saw? Mother and aunt
Time you cried? Last night. Turned from anxiety attack crying to feeling better crying/happy things are so much better than what they use to be
Fight? I threatened my boyfriend that I wouldn't hug him for a week BUT I DON'T THINK I CAN DO IT (we'll see)
and because I want to procrastinate on homework I'M JUST GOING TO FILL THIS OTHER ONE OUT I FOUND ON TUMBLR HEYOOOOO
Have you ever:
1. Skipped class? I once skipped orchestra freshman year because I forgot to print out my essay for english. I'm pretty sure the director knew I was lying, but I was on the verge of tears lol.
2. Done drugs? Nope!
3. Self harmed? Nope
4. Drank? A sip of wine every Sunday since second grade because CATHOLICISM. I wish they gave us sparkling grape juice though I would've drank the shit out of that.
5. Shoplifted? Accidentally kinda ;0; There was a lady giving out fruit snacks at Wal-Mart or something when I was little and I THOUGHT THEY WERE SAMPLES but apparently not because when I went back for more she got mad at meeee
6. Gotten a tattoo? Nope! But I'm determined of getting one when I move out
easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission I want a roman numeral thirteen on my wrist and I want to design my own armband tattoo like one of my mentors :>
7. Broken up with someone? Yup. It's not a fun feeling, especially when you know you're in the right, but the guy makes you feel shitty about it anyways.
What’s your favorite:
8. Show? CURRENTLY LEGEND OF KORRA I MEAN DID YOU SEE THAT FINALE
9. Movie? How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Rise of the Guardians :D
MY ANACONDA DON'T idk too many. Probably "Somewhere Only We Know" by KEANE. It's my personal theme for RokuRei ahur
11. Tumblr? UHM IDK. I just follow my online friends so ALL OF THEM.
12. Singer/Band? I don't usually keep up with all the songs singers/bands put out, but I know all the words to any Starkid song so probably them because they're supermegafoxyawesomehot
13. Memory? UHMM I drew thissss. It's when my friends and I use to just lay outside and stargaze. Well it got super cold so people went inside, but me and my current boyfriend (who at the time recently asked me out) stayed outside freezing our asses off and were just laughing and hugging each other. :>
14. Book? I DON'T READ THAT MUCH but definitely Catcher and the Rye.
This or that:
15. Invisibility or Ability to fly? Flyyy
16. Cookies or Cake? Cookies WITH ICING
17. Twitter or Facebook? Facebook! I haven't figured out Twitter yet
18. Movies or Books? I'm a visual person so I prefer movies. Plus I usually don't read for fun;;; BUT I'VE READ PJATO AND UGH THE MOVIES PISSED ME AND EVERYONE ELSE OFF
19. Coke or Sprite? Sprite! Though I don't drink soda that much any more.
20. Blind or Deaf? Deaf
21. Tea or Coffee? Teaaa! I can't drink coffee unless it's super loaded up with fru-fru creamer and a ton of sugar.
22. Age? 18
23. Sign? Pisces
24. Height? 5’2"~5'3"
I WAS TOLD TWO DIFFERENT THINGS AND I HAVEN'T CHECKED FOR SURE SO IDK
25. Sexual orientation? Heterosexual! Though I can appreciate a lady's body, I don't think I'm bi since I've never had a real attraction.
26. Shoe size? 8
27. Religion? Catholic as I was growing up but I'm more agnostic now.
28. Longest relationship? 3 years and still going :>
29. Gay rights? Yes please.
30. Second chances? Depends. I'm usually pretty forgiving but second chances to certain people end up in a really bad place
31. Long distance relationships? My best friend did it and they're still going~ I don't think I'm strong enough to do it though :<
32. Abortion? Pro-Choice though I don't think I'd be able to go through with it unless it was caught really early. I researched the actual procedure and it does sound like something that could be a regrettable/devastating decision. However, it needs to be available to those who need it. If we outlaw abortion, then we deprive the people who need the procedure a safe place to get it done right.
33. The death penalty? I haven't really put much thought into my opinion of this, but there are some really disgusting and detestable people out there. I'm not sure though.
34. Marijuana? Not as bad as some other drugs right? idk tax the shit out of it or something. I don't have much of a thought out opinion on this either.
35. Love? If I'm going to be completely honest, I hope I have the honor of marrying my current boyfriend. When you're in love, it's the most uplifting and amazing feeling in the world. The only problem is that usually you have to go through a lot of shit to learn what love is and what it isn't.
36. Believe in ghost? Nope! Though I've heard of people's ghost stories. If something like that happened to me, I'd probably believe in it.
37. Shower facing the shower head or turned away from it? I turn away unless I'm washing my face.
38. Sleep with the door opened or closed? CLOSED. Too paranoid of scary things coming in.
39. Love someone? Yes :>
40. Still watch cartoons? DUH WHY WOULDN'T YOU.
41. Have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Yes :>
42. Like yourself? Yup! I'm seriously the happiest I've ever been with myself, which, for me, is such an improvement from how I use to be and I'm so proud of myself and what I've accomplished. I do want to lose some weight though since high school budgets can only afford fast food. I told myself I wouldn't cut my hair until I got down to 120~125 lbs. :>
Hello hello hellooooo everyone! I've successfully survived my first two days of college, and I must say I'm extremely excited for this year! So far everything seems to be going well, and I can't wait to start taking classes that are geared more to what I want to do in the future. Anyways, it's been a while since I've told you guys anything about my life so I'M JUST GOING TO LIST ALL MY CLASSES AND MY EXPERIENCES SO FAR.
Design I - Oh I am SOO pumped for this class. I interned under my professor for two school years, and he's such a chill guy and an awesome teacher. It's a great way to start off my week. Plus it totally surprised me that he cussed so much in class since he would always censor himself when I was at my internship (which is funny because YOU ALL KNOW I'M A DIRTY LITTLE POTTY POOPY MOUTH). Everyone in the class seemed pretty friendly too. We all said good morning to each other and introduced ourselves while waiting for the teacher, unlike my other classes where no one really wanted to talk to anyone haha. It's also interesting that about ⅔ of our class isn't even in the graphic design/fine arts field. We had a bunch of engineers in there, which makes sense I suppose. COLLEGE IS JUST STRANGE.
Art History I - This one will be interesting. At first I was a little intimidated by the length of the syllabus, but the teacher seems fun and pretty chill! Plus the way she talked about art and all the different artists she showed were really inspiring. I can't wait to see what I'll learn in that class.
Ceramics I - Okay, this is the only one I'm a little worried about, considering that I have NO KNOWLEDGE OF CERAMICS WHATSOEVER. If any of you guys know anything about ceramics, any advice? The professor tried explaining stuff, but he talked really slowly and quietly and with the Aircon and vents and stuff in the room I just got lost and confused ;n; But the saving grace of Ceramics is that I GOT A LOCKER WITH THE CUTEST GIRL IN CLASS OH YEAH. I mean seriously my first impression when I saw her was "Wow she's pretty." She asked me to be her locker buddy and she seems nice and yayyy I hope I made a friend.
Drawing I - Though I'm a little sad that we won't touch on drawing people until the end of the semester, it'll still be an awesome class because I'll be able to draw so so so so much! I'm so exited!! I'm hoping to get a lot of pieces to add to my portfolio and learn a lot more about traditional media! We'll be working on abstract pieces for the first four-ish weeks, and we'll be working with graphite, charcoal, and ink. Then the next four-ish weeks after that will deal more with realism and shading. I'm excited to be in such a relaxing environment and being able to draw so much. :)
US Government - Okay yeah, though I could've taken this in high school, I am so grateful that I'm taking it in college! The teacher seems super chill and super knowledgable and open minded. I feel like I'm going to learn a lot more and have a ton more fun in there. Plus, all the assignments are optional and there are so many extra credit opportunities, that from the looks of it, I won't be stressing over this class at all! I can't wait! :D
But yeah, those are my classes for this semester! I do plan on transferring to a bigger University next year, but I'm glad I decided to take it easy and get my basics done at my local community college. I've never felt this confident about school on the first week haha. Heck, last year my english teacher had three essays due the first week. XD (Though I'm eternally grateful for that class even though it was incredibly draining and stressful and soul breaking lol. The fact that I survived that class makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.) After taking Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit classes, it feels so good to not have 6 hours of homework every night (if I was lucky) and struggling to keep my sanity (Though, I'm glad I wasn't in IB. How in the world does one handle that.) I feel so much better that I finally get to learn things that I want to learn. Hopefully college continues to go well for me. :)
One last thing: as I mentioned before, I plan on transferring to another college, so I need to prepare my portfolio for my transfer application. There is NO limitations on content for my pieces, so I could literally draw anything. XD and you know me I'm like super controversial all the time for some reason. I worked on a lot of pieces that I haven't been able to show during high school because of content. There was one piece that I really wanted to use in an art show, but I had to work on it for like, an extra week because I had to censor the chest since it was a shirtless mermaid. ANYWAYS here are my questions if you happen to know the answer xD
1.) The main focus for the portfolio is that you demonstrate a willingness to experiment with different medias. I already have about 5-6 digital pieces demonstrating my digital painting skills and my graphic design skills. I'm pretty set for traditional dry media, but my biggest problem are the wet medias. In my art class last year, I did a small piece of a tree using water soluble pastels. I have gouache and a few acrylic paints at home, but I'm kinda intimidated. xD I was able to get a good deal on some acrylic and watercolor paper pads, so I was thinking I could get more opportunity to experiment with paints. Anyways, for those familiar with painting, what advice do you have? Do you know of any good tutorials or videos? Where should I start? Unfortunately, I couldn't take a painting class in college because there's a bunch of pre-requisites for the one at my college :( So I won't be able to take a professional class until I transfer.
2.) The only requirement of the portfolio is that it must have 4-5 observational drawings (drawn from life, no photograph). I just wanted to check, do you think contour drawings would count? I don't know if observational drawings necessarily need to be super realistic or anything. XD I'm also not sure if that's more considered of a sketch and not really portfolio worthy though.
3.) Any advice for college/transferring in general? I've checked all my classes with the transfer system for the university, so everything should transfer. :D
I love you all<3 I'll let you know how the rest of the year goes. :)
Thank you for reading!
P.S. SHAMELESS PROMOTION if you didn't hear, I finished chapter 1 of my manga Living in a Cloud! Also, if you would like to learn more about my manga, I posted a very informative post on the Living in a Cloud world discussing heart energy and Rei's heart blades. Thank you for all of the support<3<3<3