I haven't posted much of anything lately, but I want you guys to know I'm still alive. I also have everything block. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow and get something artistic done.
I have decided to call upon my fellow Otakuites for some help. Please tell me what problems you are experiencing with the site. I'm planning to round up all the complaints, prioritize them, and email them to every address I can find for staff on theO.
The list is below. Please contribute if possible. It also would help me if you guys could spread the word about this.
Thank you so much.
- Users redirected to spammy/phishing sites
- Login difficulties
- YouTube videos not displaying
- Error message for uploading 2 MB wallpapers when the limit is 4 MB
- Clicking a comment box directs the user to a page of comments
- Wallpapers are rejected for no aparent reason
- Premium users still seeing some advertisements at the bottom of most pages
- Who's Online page taking a long time to load
- The infamous Wallpaper Spammer
- Posting of copyrighted manga scans in Fan Art
- Spam in the comment box on the main page
- No trace of admins/mods
- No main page updates for months
- No promotions for months (maybe even a year or so)
- No word on the Kickstarter
There is a spammer/thief lurking about theO. And some of you are subscribed to her. Please don't feed her fire. Because I don't want to break theO's rules, I can't say her usernames (she has two active accounts and 40+ frozen ones), but I can describe her mannerisms and "her art". She sticks out like a sore thumb, so you'll be able to recognize her.
The pictures that she posts are usually stolen from DevaintART users. She tends to resize those pictures and puke on them with MS Paint. Then she pours a bucket load of digital glitter on them. Sometimes, she adds a loop of text which, when legible, makes no sense.
Now that eCards have retired, she's been making wallpapers for upcoming holidays. Usually, it's just a pixelated image with a calendar of the current month slapped on.
The comments she makes on her cards are usually, "Thanks [username]" or "Commission 4 [username]". Lately, she's been obsessed with the word "commission" and the non-word "colabission". Other times, she tells users what "your" a fan of, whether it's true or not.
Her favorite subject matter:
- Children's TV shows
- Sega games (Sonic, Klonoa, and the like)
- Shoujo anime
- Chii from Chobits
- Characters that she paints over to look like Chii from Chobits
- Characters sticking their feet out
- Characters tied up and getting their feet tickled
- Characters sucking on each other's feet
- Characters sucking on each other's feet while naked (poorly censored with pictures of pajamas, of course)
- Furby toys
Usually, "her art" starts of more-less innocent, but escalate to the fetishist junk as time goes on.
Over the years (yes, years), I've PMed Adam several times about her behavior. It eventually got to a point where I asked him to block her IP address. He did so, but he also warned me that there are ways around the block. And guess what? The spammer came back the very next day.
It seems that there's no way to get rid of her. The only thing left I can think of is to ignore her and hope she goes away. That means unsubscribing, removing her spam from your favorites, and not commenting on anything that she posts. I know you're only trying to be polite when you give her attention, but it's only encouraging her bad behavior.
If you want a list of all her usernames that she's gone under, you can PM me.
Thank you for your time.
BIG UPDATE: And... her new account subbed me again. I haven't blocked it yet because I have half a mind to send her an angry PM on behalf of all of us.
Do you ever have that feeling where you hate everything you create? 'Cause I'm having it now. Sorry for the downer of a post; I've been having a lousy couple days.
Update: Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm feeling a lot better now.
My voice meme is now posted. You can find it here. It will either play automatically, or ask you to download, depending on your machine/device. Just be patient because it's a whopping 40+ minutes. At least I was able to edit it down from over an hour.
I can't believe it took me 23 days to edit this thing. Granted, I've been busy, but still.
1: do you like tea?
2: if yes, do you prefer hot or ice tea?
3: if you could create your own flavor of tasks or coffee which ever you prefer, what would it be and why did you choose it?
4: if you celebrate one of the wide arrays of winter holidays, what is your favorite holiday snack?
5: what is your opinion on fruit cake?
6: why do people fix fruit cake?
7: if you could have anything as a holiday gift, what would it be and why?
8: what is your favorite animal?
9: if you could have your favorite animal as a pet, would you?
10: do you have a favorite accessory?
11: how do you feel about snow?
12: keba...do you want to build a snowman?
13: how many songs do you have in your musical library?
14: if you had to pick a soundtrack for your life based on your personality what would be the top five songs?
15: do you like hugs?
16: if so if we ever meet can I hug you?
17: you asked me this once in the past so now I want your answer. What is your opinion on flamingos?
18: honestly how do you put up with my weirdness xD?
What is your name? What is your favourite colour? What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Ok I'll quit quoting Monty Python things at you XD
1. What is your favourite season and why?
2. Do you have a favourite author? Who? (I like book recommendations ^^)
3.If you could change into an animal at will, what would you pick?
Why did you join theO?
What is your opinion on how much less active it has become?
If you can choose one composer to make a music score of your life, who will it be?
What's you favorite element? Why?
What's your Chinese Zodiac?
1. What keeps you motivated to do art?
2. Have you ever finger-painted?
3. What's your favorite anime of the season?
4. If you could have a degree in anything, what would it be?
5. What's your dream pet?
6. How do you feel about the BODE meme?
7. Would you be willing to try zoodles? They're zucchini noodles made with a spiralizer
8. How much of a foodventurer are you? Do you like to try new things?
9. Do you have a favorite sport?
10. If you were a vegetable, what one would you be?
1: Have you heard of the musical artist Pogo?
2: What do you think has taken up most of your time lately?
3: Are you politically active?
4: When you do music, what inspires you?
1)What's the best job you ever had?
2)What's the worst job?
3)If you could bring back a dead person for five minutes to talk to them, who would it be and what would you say?
4)Who was your first crush?
5)What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
1. Do you have a particular original story that you would love to see animated? and if so who would you cast to voice your ocs! and how long would your series be? and would you write the music for your series too?
(lol sorry this one was totally more then one question. oTL
2. Who is your favorite mangaka and which of your ocs would you like to see in their style?
3. Other then anime do you watch any other animated media? and if you do, what do you normally like to watch?
1. Any animes you are currently watching?
2. What do you do when you have art block?
3. If you met Greed (from fma) in real life, what do you think would happen?
4. Name your favorite snack!
5. If you had to switch lives with someone for one day, who would it be and why?
6. Did you enjoy high school?