What happened to my game design career?
My first big game, Nimble Strong, was released in May 2010, almost two years ago. Despite the best possible press (Joystiq, Reddit, The New York Times, BoingBoing, TUAW, etc., etc., etc.) I've produced exactly nothing in the game space since then.
Nimble hasn't even received the smallest of updates; typos linger.
Well, I'm happy to report I'm making a new game. And I'm doing it first in flash, so everyone can see it. I even envision a community element where members can contribute to the contents.
Depending on how the flash version goes, we may port it over to the iPhone/iPad.
Here's a basic overview:
- An atmosphere kind of like Coraline
- You play as a young girl with a magic, talking doll
- There are monsters. Not pocket monsters, real monsters
- Darkness and light is a major part of game play
- You're in a big house by yourself
Can't wait to show you all.