"Courage and perseverance are important if one is to run anything resembling a news organization...the folks at theOtaku.com have demonstrated themselves to have ample quantities of both."
~ TCJ (The Comics Journal)
"A couple years of experience in the Otaku circle have taught me at least one good lesson--to trust Adam."
~ myO member
"Adam is actually a decently accomplished troll."
"The scale of Adam's cunning genius is truly frightening."
A masterpiece but it has more in common with Grave of the Fireflies than any of Miyazaki's other films. Still digesting it.
Can't wait to write a formal review for you all :). I remember seeing Spirited Away in theaters 11(!!!) years ago and it was one of the best movie experiences I've ever had. Seeing the US premiere of Howl's Moving Castle was good too, especially since Miyazaki himself was there, but to me Spirited Away is still king.
* I'm sworn to secrecy but a couple long-lost members told me they'll be visiting chat on Sunday. These are people everyone knows, loves and misses. I tried to email Indi but the email address I have for her bounced. Can someone reach out to her?
* Anyone have any ideas for how to make the chat reunion extra awesome? Games to play in chat? Activities?
* I tried the Oculus Rift last night! Very cool and promising. I'm betting within the next five years EVERYONE will have one. Think of how viral and cool the original Wii was when it launched. The Rift blows that away, though I'm not sure it has the "grandma" factor.
* Sadly, there's no absolutely hope that Shinmaru will show up
What long-time members do you hope will show up?
- I spent a good hour reading through old blog posts. Man, what fun times. I miss them. Some great chat logs too. Can you believe that once, long ago, I got an authentic compliment from Sangome? And from Ace as well. I don't even remember the context but I'll take it.
- Have any of you seen Attack on Titan? I saw the first two episodes and it has promise. The giants are a fascinating enemy. The manga sponsored our site briefly!
- 2013 hasn't been the happiest of years. All our ads have been "junk" ads. Last year we had great support from FUNi and Anime Studio. This year...*cue crickets*, but the industry isn't what it used to be, so it's not unexpected. Losing traffic because of Google's Image Search change didn't help either. We've operated at a loss for the last bunch of months, but it's no big deal to cover.
- I want to schedule a special chat window or day. It won't be a celebrity chat, but it'll be a "reunion chat" where tons of old members drop by and say hi. Who's game?