Can't wait to write a formal review for you all :). I remember seeing Spirited Away in theaters 11(!!!) years ago and it was one of the best movie experiences I've ever had. Seeing the US premiere of Howl's Moving Castle was good too, especially since Miyazaki himself was there, but to me Spirited Away is still king.
* I'm sworn to secrecy but a couple long-lost members told me they'll be visiting chat on Sunday. These are people everyone knows, loves and misses. I tried to email Indi but the email address I have for her bounced. Can someone reach out to her?
* Anyone have any ideas for how to make the chat reunion extra awesome? Games to play in chat? Activities?
* I tried the Oculus Rift last night! Very cool and promising. I'm betting within the next five years EVERYONE will have one. Think of how viral and cool the original Wii was when it launched. The Rift blows that away, though I'm not sure it has the "grandma" factor.
* Sadly, there's no absolutely hope that Shinmaru will show up
What long-time members do you hope will show up?
- I spent a good hour reading through old blog posts. Man, what fun times. I miss them. Some great chat logs too. Can you believe that once, long ago, I got an authentic compliment from Sangome? And from Ace as well. I don't even remember the context but I'll take it.
- Have any of you seen Attack on Titan? I saw the first two episodes and it has promise. The giants are a fascinating enemy. The manga sponsored our site briefly!
- 2013 hasn't been the happiest of years. All our ads have been "junk" ads. Last year we had great support from FUNi and Anime Studio. This year...*cue crickets*, but the industry isn't what it used to be, so it's not unexpected. Losing traffic because of Google's Image Search change didn't help either. We've operated at a loss for the last bunch of months, but it's no big deal to cover.
- I want to schedule a special chat window or day. It won't be a celebrity chat, but it'll be a "reunion chat" where tons of old members drop by and say hi. Who's game?
Last week I met two senior citizen theO members when they visited NYC: Kimmeh (aka KimmeHameHa) and Allamorph (aka Morpheus).
Both of them are doing well. Kimmeh has become a famous figure in the K-Pop world and (unrelated) can travel anywhere she likes for free. Morpheus is tall, not a literal black cat and is protecting our country from harm. Kimmeh likes Chai lattes. Morpheus likes Fire Emblem. Kimmeh doesn't like NYC's humidity/soup dumplings. Morpheus doesn't like Texas military bases/people knowing his real name.
Somehow I forgot to take a photo with them.