For the experiments challenge. I hope this fits the requirements. I tend to experiment a lot, but I know I haven't tried everything haha. I'd like to try vectoring, but I don't have the pen tool...
Anyway, the aim was to try a new technique, so I think I did ok here. I extracted the girl from this scan, ok, so I have done that before, but not often ^^; then I found this image to use as a background. I cropped it to the size I needed, duplicated it and overlayed it with a blur. I hope it looks suitable.
I used brushes to add a grainy, grungy look to this, I also used them to erase areas of the texture to create a 'window' of space around the girl, and to make that red text area. The text itself just happened XD I thought it looked as though she was leaving something, but I didn't want to make this all miserable.
I think the main change to my style here would be the typography, and how grungy this looks. Um, perhaps just compare this to the rest of my portfolio. Ha... I don't normally make wallpapers this bold, so that is a change.
Texture by Ayelie Stock on DA.
Brushes by ShiftyJ