I figured that there haven't been many Fan Comics Challenges lately, and I haven't made any Challenges in a while, myself, so here's one for ya!
Fullmetal Silliness! ('Cause "silliness" almost rhymes with "alchemist")
You know those four-panel comics at the end of each volume of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga? For this Challenge, I want you to do something like that. Here's an example of what I'm looking for.
Here are the rules:
- The comic MUST be humorous! This is the biggest factor in how it will be judged.
- The comic does NOT have to be limited to four panels. It can be as long or short as you want. Just get it done by the three-month time limit, OK?
- The comic MUST include at least one character from either the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, anime, or "Brotherhood". Fan characters do not count.
- Crossovers are allowed.
- Please indicate at the top of the page whether to read left to right or right to left.
- Even though I have read the entire manga series and seen all episodes of the original anime, there are others on this site that have not. Please give spoiler warnings at the top of the page if there are spoilers. If you add spoilers in your comments, please put spoiler tags around them.
- Please do NOT dedicate your comic to me. I check this site enough so that I know when a person enters. Besides, I think of dedications as a form of trying to butter me up. So please don't dedicate your work to me just because I created this Challenge.
Unless your comic features Greed.Nah, I'm kidding, but I do love the guy.
- This goes without saying, but the work MUST comply with theO rules and standards. That means it MUST be 100% yours. No bases. No traces. No stealing. If you fail to obey this rule I will
tell Scar that you're a State Alchemistdisqualify and report you.
- Entries are unlimited, but there will be only one gold medal per person.
- This isn't as much of a rule as a request: please refrain from out-of-character fan pairings unless it contributes to the funniness of the comic. If you have to have a situation where, say, (censored for your sanity) Ed and Mustang make out there had better be a VERY GOOD REASON for it. Man, that hurt to type. So, please don't make out-of-character pairings just for the heck of it.
How entries will be judged:
Mostly, it depends on how funny your comic is. If I fall out of my chair laughing, you have excellent chances of winning. You also have to follow the rules (see above). You don't have to be the best artist to win, but I do have to know what's going on. If you have to explain the comic in your description because it's hard to understand, your chances of winning may not be as great.
The shiny medals go without saying. I will add additional prizes if at least five DIFFERENT people enter. So tell your friends!
Feel free to ask any questions. I'll be happy to help you.