In this Challenge, all you have to do is take a song you like and illustrate a story around it. It can be with original characters, characters from a manga/anime/video game that you like, or even the person who sings the song. You can use any medium you want to create the manga.
1. In the comments, include a YouTube link to the song you use. I want to listen to the song while reading your manga.
2. The song must have lyrics. I'd prefer that the lyrics be in English, 'cause that's the only language I'm fluent in. If you do pick a song in another language, please include a translation and/or transliteration. I'd really appreciate that.
3. If the song you pick has an official music video already, I want your creation to be NOTHING like the official video. This MUST be your original story.
4. Please give credit where credit is due, so on the front cover, include the name of the person/people who wrote the song and the artist who performs it. Keep in mind that sometimes the performer didn't write the song.
5. Keep the work PG-13 or under. If the song has strong language, please censor it (asterisks work nicely).
6. Please refrain from using anything hateful, be it lyrics, imagery, or both.
7. One entry per person. Make it count!
The winner (there will be only one 'cause not many people enter Fan Comics Challenges) will get a drawing dedicated to him/her.
You have three months, 'cause making a manga "music video" could take awhile. Just
do as I say, not as I do and don't procrastinate.
If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment. I'll be very happy to answer your questions. ^_^