Cheongsam Inspired Coat
Hello. This is a drawing I made a few weeks ago. Specifically around early November. I never had a chance to write a description on this outfit so now I will.
This is a full length coat. It is not a dress and so let me explain.
From the front to back and top to bottom.
- the collar is a mandarin collar however it is a little different. The front cannot close because it has the frog style clasp to close in the back of the neck.
- Neck line, the neck line is very open and reveals the collar bone area and the area above your bust, this neckline should NOT show your breast.
- buttons, the coat opens fully at the top, to the last clasp at the bottom mid-calf. The cut outs are held together by Chinese style frog clasps and keep the coat securely on your body.
- cut outs, there are 6 cut outs in front and the model wears shorts, the shorts are optional worn as your style allows.
- slits, there are two slits at the side of this coat right by the mid-thigh.
Now for the back.
- from the top you see the frog clasp the closes the coat properly and holds up the coat. This clasp is very strong and should be made to fasten tightly to keep in place.
- The large diamond cut out on this coat is here so that you may show off your back if you are daring enough or to reveal your outfit underneath, as you like.
- in the middle of the fabric there is a shiny thin see through fabric with 2 decoration frog clasps and this middle cut out is shaped like a very long ribbon cut.
The fabric chosen for this coat can be satin, Pleather, cotton, silk, because it's a versatile design many choices will work nicely.
In addition the gloves the model is wearing are my own design. They are opera length gloves. The gloves are Pleather and sharply and jaggedly cut diagonally from the wrist near the pinky finger to the elbow.
Thank you very much and enjoy.