This is my second submitted contest, although it isn't as loose as the last one. For this contest, I want to see some celebratory pictures of the oncoming new remake of the old Game Boy Color games; Pokemon Gold Version and Pokemon Silver Version. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about by now, the new Nintendo DS games coming out in March 14, 2010 for America (March 26, 2010 for Europe), Pokemon HeartGold Version and Pokemon SoulSilver Version!
Now, the object of this contest is simple: draw Lugia and/or Ho-Oh in one or two pictures. Meaning that you can draw Lugia in one picture, then Ho-Oh in another picture, or you can just draw one picture with both Lugia and Ho-Oh in it.
If you aren't very good at drawing super-mega-ultra legendary Pokemon, yet you're feeling a little brave, you can draw one of the special events for the game. The list of events include the Spiky-Eared Pichu and Pikachu-Colored Pichu event, the Jirachi event, the Celebi event, the Arceus event, the Latias/Latios event, or the Mew event. The only setback for this option is that you can only do one picture for the contest instead of two. Meaning you can only choose ONE event to submit, and that is all. No Lugia, Ho-Oh, or second event, so choose wisely if you decide on the second option.
1. If you choose to draw an event, you can only draw from the events listed above. You may not draw Lugia, Ho-Oh, or another event after that for this contest.
2. Gijinkas are allowed. A sort of third option, but they must be the replacement of the previous two options. A gijinka event instead of the actual Pokemon is okay, and a gijinka Lugia and/or Ho-Oh is okay. First rule still applies.
3. Keep your drawings clean, nothing inappropriate. You may think this is a silly rule, but the Internet holds a lot of terrible things, and this isn't an adult website if you know what I mean...
4. Standard courtesy rules apply. No flaming, spamming, or bashing another person's artwork. It's rude and will not be tolerated. If I see anything of the sort, I will disqualify the offender's picture.
5. All art types welcome! It can be digital, traditional, or anything else of the sort. If it seems to be what would be considered abstract by most people, please leave an explanation in the description of the picture.
6. Be creative! Don't just draw Lugia and/or Ho-Oh. I want to see some thought put into it!
7. It doesn't have to be perfect. There isn't a piece of art in the world that's perfect, so don't think you have to strive to make yours what isn't even real. Be yourself, go with the flow of your own art style!
Brownie points for the correct drawing of Ho-Oh! :D
I hope to see some good drawings. Have fun and don't rush yourselves. I'll give you two months to submit a drawing since this contest is a little precise yet slightly vague. And. . . . . GO!!