Inspired by U.S. actor Tobey Maguire's planning for a movie re-imagining of "Robotech" (although not much new details revealed yet, other than it'll be released in 2012) with a whole new look featured, I decided it's time for a challenge where you, the contestants, will have the opportunity to illustrate your vision/style of the "Robotech" saga. Here are the rules below, and make sure to read all of them before you enter:
- You're welcome to either do a group illustration or an illustration showing just one character or mecha (whether ship, piloted-giant robot, or powered armor).
- You have the opportunity to illustrate your own fan-made "Robotech" character/mecha. Also you have the opportunity to create your own design of a character or mecha that already exists in the "Robotech" universe (whether it's Rick Hunter, Roy Fokker, Dana Sterling, Scott Bernard, the VF/A-6 Veritech Alpha Fighter, the SDF-1 Macross, the VF-1 Veritech Valkyrie Fighter, etc). You can even create your own military uniform designs for the characters themselves.
- Character design does not have to be in Anime-style. It can be any style you want. Also, you're welcome to use any non-Anime/non-Manga work as inspiration/influence for how you draw your characters (example: using "Family Guy" as inspiration on how you draw the characters in your "Robotech" piece).
- Remember not to plagiarize other people's work!
- Your piece can either be a 2D drawing (paper or computer), a 3D computer image, or a painting. Remember that should you choose to do a 2D drawing on paper, make sure to make the outlines very sharp (you can try use a pen for such a task).
- Image must be in Black-and-white or color.
- No entry limits!
- Although the "Macross Saga" story arc of the first "Robotech" T.V. series were edited from 1982's "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" (which opened the original Japanese "Macross" franchise), please note that "Robotech" is a franchise on its own terms separate from Japanese "Macross", so to avoid any kind of confusion between the two franchises, please avoid the inclusion of characters and mecha that were introduced in any of the original Japanese "Macross" Anime released after "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" in your piece as they have nothing to do with "Robotech".
Judging will be based on color quaility, outlining, and creativity. Many will enter, but only three will win this, so good luck to all of you contestants taking part, and have fun! If you have any questions or comments, don't hesistate to respond to the comment box.