OC Tarot Challenge! Shouldn't be overly difficult to accomplish.
What to do!:
With your own character, (so finding an interpretation would be easier on you) create an image presenting said character as if it were a TAROT CARD for Major Arcana.
I highly encourage you to research to learn more about your choice! There are a variety of different meanings, interpretations, items of symbolism used of each. Fun.
♦♦♦♦♦♦ [This is important!] ♦♦♦♦♦♦
MAJOR ARCANA TAROT; World Post ]
- Put some EFFORT in this!
- Follow TheOtaku's rules~
- All mediums encouraged!
- Two entries per-person!
- No stealing other's work!
- Your characters only~ [that includes fan characters, gijinkas, etc. BRING EM']
- Keep reading....
- traditional Tarot card borders/layouts are NOT required
- Dedicate so I can find you~
- HAVE FUN!
- BE DYNAMIC! O V O
When you're submitting your piece, be sure to include your which item you used in your description. (i.e "The Moon" or "The Chariot." + respected meaning selected)
You're welcome to explain how said tarot is being represented.
// I would say; "my character Juro with his search to rediscover himself (in his case, literally) on a path of solitude, makes him suited for The Hermit tarot ; Inner search — Deep understanding — Isolation" (although, i've found he'll suit most of The Hermit meanings. XD)
You don't have to disclose the entire story about your character either.
Don't get discouraged if you see someone all ready posted for a Tarot you wanted to use - embrace variety.
But let's not ALL do "Death" cards, okay? That would be boring.
Having trouble getting started?
- Try not to be completely literal with your plan. - You may find a lot of cards with obvious translations of art to image: a Death card may display a "Grim Reaper" or a skeletal form. But there are other meanings for the Death tarot, and many other ways to present a such card without a lifeless being.
Being literal may work out for some cards, like The Tower, but always consider the other meanings and symbols there may be listed.
- Think like a poet! That's what I do at least. I have deep thoughts.
- Use your imagination!
- Don't feel obligated to use ALL of the symbols!
[I.e My OC on the magician card wouldn't be holding a 'wand'- but would have flowers]
- Don't think about your piece being a"card"! Fancy borders can get intimidating.
- Try something new in your work- Do clouds all the time? Try smoke! Do portraits all the time? Try drawing someone sitting on a throne!
- FIND INSPIRATION! > n <
Will there be prizes?
I don't know. I didn't get the opportunity (nor did anyone say they actually wanted one) to dish any out last time.
I'll probably draw a character for ya, with a little somethin' somethin' for everybody~
ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE WELCOME TO REQUEST A CHIBI LINEWORK AS A THANKS/GOOD JOB EVERYONE
I'm feeling generous! ^ u ^
I picked "winners" based upon concept, not so much how a piece looks. There were aspects of each that I loved, but ya'know, gotta dub three.