This challenge idea has been on my mind for a long while now, and I thought now is a good time to start it! Imagine a fighting game for just members of theOtaku~! I have designed the versus-screen HERE!
So, I need some challengers! Create and personalize a character or avatar as if you are going to be fighting someone in a video game. It may be based on yourself, an avatar, an OC, or anything~ Just make sure it's your own, and not someone else's character design~
- Digital work only please.
- Your character must be colored.
- Your character must be posed similarly to waist-up. See my example of my character.
- Create your character in a white background or in a PNG format (with background transparent).
- Weapons/item/etc. may be included if it does not interfere with the other player's side.
- Any style is accepted.
- Follow theO rules
- Keep it clean, please!
- The winners chosen will be asked to provide a PNG file to me of their character (the background transparent), so I can render the final image of this challenge.
- Contestants who want to be in the collage (explained below) will have to provide a PNG file of their character either by submission or by email. Contestants will be notified of this by PM once winners are chosen.
- One entry per person. If you need to update your character, update your entry or upload it again and let me know.
- No need to dedicate to me. I'll be checking this challenge often.
- You have 3 months!
- Anyone is invited.
- Have fun and be creative!
Judgement: [bound to change]
- Creativity/Originality: Does your character stand out? Is she/he unique? - 10 pts
- Design/Composition - 10 pts
- Effort/Quality: Does your character look like it can come from a real retailed video game? - 10 pts
- Description: Character description and your thoughts & input - 5 pts
- Adherence to rules - 15 pts
TOTAL: 100 pts
I, in addition with some rl friends, will be judging this contest.
Notes to remember:
- Make sure your character looks good when it is flipped horizontally. Especially since the 2nd place winner will have their character facing left.
- Make sure there are no transparent "holes" in your character. To avoid that, make a white layer of your whole character and arrange it at the bottom of your character layers.
After this challenge is finished, I will upload an updated versus-screen with all contestants and winners presented, provided that I get enough entries. If there are more or less, I will adjust the versus-screen as needed. The 1st place winner will have their entry presented on the left side of the screen. The 2nd place winner will have their entry on the right. I will also upload an image of all the entries together in a collage.
1st place: The left spot on the screen with their username, a gift, medal, and a colored fanart request, a sketch request, and a chibi sketch request
2nd place: The right spot on the screen with their username, a gift, medal, a colored fanart request, and a sketch request
3rd place: A gift, medal, and a colored fanart request
All participants will get a medal, a gift from me, and a little headshot spot on the versus screen.
Questions? Comments? Comment below or pm me! I'll be looking forward to the entries! Have fun!
*UPDATE* Winners and the completed collage is HERE!