Now that I'm finished hosting the "Mighty Thor" challenge, get ready as I will be hosting a "Green Lantern" fan art challenge to coincide with the release of the live-action theatrical movie "Green Lantern", and this will be the first time for me hosting a challenge based on a specific category of the "DC Comics Super-Heroes" franchise. Now, onto the guidelines:
- Piece must feature a character who appears in the "Green Lantern" category
- Group pics are welcome
- Can be based on the "Green Lantern" comic book series, the animated "Green Lantern" T.V. shorts of the 1960s (which can be found in the DVD "DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures"), or any of the three "Green Lantern" movies (the three GL movies are "Green Lantern: First Flight", "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights", and the live-action "Green Lantern" film)
- Can be black-and-white or colored
- Can be a drawing, painting, or 2D computer image
- No entry limits
To help you out with this challenge, the "Green lantern" comic books series feature a legacy of protagonal human Green Lanterns (Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner). Moreover, the Green Lanterns, like any other DC hero, have their sets of allies and foes. Examples of allies include Charles "Doiby" Dickles (Alan Scott's taxi driver sidekick), the Guardians of The Universe, Carrol Ferris (Hal Jordan's love interest), Terry Berg (Kyle Rayner's art assistant at "Feast" magazine), Jennifer-Lynn Hayden(alaias Jade), Thomas Kalmaku (Hal Jordan's employer), and the non-human members of the Green Lantern Corps while examples of foes of the Green Lanterns include Sinestro, Mongul, Hank Henshaw (the Cyborg Superman), Solomon Grundy, Icicle, The Puppeteer, Vandal Savage, Evil Star, Goldface, Gambler, Doctor Polaris, and the Star Sapphire Corps.
Here are some Green Lantern links you may want to visit
- Emerald Dawn: Hal Jordan The Legend Lives!
- Green Lantern Corps Web Page - The Unofficial Guide To the Green Lantern Legacy
That's all. I will be giving you a month to submit entries to this challenge, and good luck to all wanting to take part in this.